Job Vacancy For Short Term Laboratory Consultant
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Serve as a primary technical laboratory resource for the implementation and administration of lab logistics policies, systems, goals, objectives and procedures.
• Build and maintain stakeholder relationships to ensure engagement and participation in the three main activities; Review of the Laboratory Network, Diagnostic Network Optimization and Implementation plan.
• Under the activity Review of the Laboratory Network, work with the HSS team to engage with key in-country stakeholders to collect, collate and synthesize the findings specific to stakeholder use to determine the focus of the DNO activity, Scenarios and Implementation Plan.
• Support the preparation and implementation of the Diagnostic Network Optimization by engaging stakeholders, through workshops, highlighting data collection, and budget management
• Engage stakeholder in development of Implementation plan and work with the HSS team to generate an agreed work plan.
• In collaboration with field office staff, Country Director, and GSC team, collect information on innovations, best practices, and positive outcomes in lab logistics systems strengthening implemented at the field level;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Minimum 5 years of medical or clinical laboratory technology experience and a Master’s degree in laboratory or public health related fields required;
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience required;
• Skilled in stakeholder engagement and work with multiple stakeholders and organizations;
• Successful program management skills and experience in working with and managing high-performing teams;
• Experience working in clinical laboratory services or national programming for laboratory services for the monitoring of HIV and TB testing;
• Understanding of national level laboratory organizational structure (laboratory network), and Laboratory data systems is required;
• Knowledge of HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment approaches in Ghana required;
• Strong analytical aptitude and understanding of optimization;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
• Proficient in excel, word processing, and presentation applications;
• Experience working with global partners in assessing and determining improvements and technical guidance on laboratory systems;
• Current knowledge of existing developments in the field of laboratory supplies and technology, desired;
• Working proficiency in English required.
• Regular attendance and availability during normal business hours are required.
• Ability to work in a normal office environment.
• Normal office environment; usually moderate noise level.
• Occasional exposure to environmental conditions includes exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather.
• Occasional remote work as applicable and agreed upon with supervisor.
- Job Application Details How To Apply For The Job To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online